New Jersey Devils 2 vs. Pittsburgh Penguins 5
- Attendance: 13,473
- Three Stars: 1. Evgeni Malkin 2. Nikita Gusev 3. Justin Schultz
- The Devils fell to the Penguins, 5-2, in the third of four contests of the 2019-20 regular season series. New Jersey falls to 1-2-0 (2PTS) against Pittsburgh in the season series.
- New Jersey falls to 9-9-2 (4-3-1 home) against Metropolitan Division rivals this season.
- The Devils were 4-4 on the penalty kill (10-10 season series) and 1-3 (2-9 season series) on the power play.
- The Penguins outshot the Devils 33-22.
- New Jersey was 14-40 (35%) in face-offs tonight.
- The Devils are 4-4-1 at Prudential Center and 9-9-2 overall against the Penguins since the 2015-16 season. The club faces-off against Pittsburgh for the fourth and final time, Mar. 31 @ PPG Paints Arena.
- Mackenzie Blackwood got the start for his 44th of the season. Blackwood stopped 28 of 32 shots faced (.875), and falls to 22-14-8 on the season.
- Nikita Gusev lit the lamp, 12:46 into the first frame assisted by Pavel Zacha and K. Subban. Gusev extends his point streak to two games (1G-1A) while Subban extends his assist streak to three games (3A).
- Miles Wood notched his 11th goal of the season, 10:24 into the final frame, assisted by Nico Hischier. Wood and Hischier extend their point streak to two games.
- Evgeni Malkin tallied the game-winner assisted by Kris Letang.
- Game Summary
- Event Summary
- Full Play-by-Play
- Face-off Summary
- Face-off Comparison
- Roster Report
- Shot Summary
- TOI Report – New Jersey Devils
UPCOMING SCHEDULE *Subject to change
Tomorrow: 12PM Practice @ RWJBarnabas Health Hockey House