New Jersey Devils 6 @ NY Rangers 4
- Attendance: 17,542
- Three Stars: 1. Kyle Palmieri 2. Travis Zajac 3. Damon Severson
- The Devils defeated the Rangers, 6-4, in the fourth and final contest of the 2019-20 regular season series. New Jersey concludes the season series against NY Rangers, 2-2-0 (4PTS).
- The club concludes up their 14th of 16th set of back-to-back action, improving to 7-6-1 in second games this season.
- New Jersey improves to 9-8-2 (5-7-0 road) against Metropolitan Division rivals this season.
- The Devils were 3-3 on the penalty kill (13-16 season series) and 1-1 (2-18 season series) on the power play.
- The Rangers outshot the Devils 35-29 (149-120 New Jersey, season series).
- New Jersey was 22-52 (42%) in face-offs tonight.
- The Devils are 3-6-1 at Madison Square Garden and 10-8-2 overall against the Rangers since the 2015-16 season.
- Mackenzie Blackwood got the start for his 43rd of the season. Blackwood stopped 31 of 35 shots faced (.889), and falls to 22-13-8 on the season.
- Kyle Palmieri picked up two tucks in the contest, marking his team leading 24th and 25th goals. Dakota Mermis (2A), Damon Severson (1A) and Miles Wood (1A) all picked up helpers from Palmieri’s two goals. Palmieri tallies his 23rd career multi-goal game. Mermis notches his first career two points game while him and Severson extend their assist streak to two games.
- Fredrik Claesson tallied his first NJD goal, and first since Dec. 8, 2018. Claesson extends his point streak to two games (1G-1A). Nikita Gusev notched the long helper on Claesson’s goal, marking his team leading 31st of the season.
- Travis Zajac tallied two goals marking his 195th goal of his NHL/NJD career, passing Z. Parise for fourth place on the all-time Devils goal list. Zajac’s first tuck was assisted by Nico Hischier and P.K. Subban.
- John Hayden notched the Devils fifth goal and game winner of the contest, 16:44 into the second period assisted by Severson. With his second assist, Severson tallies his sixth multi-point game this season and second against the Rangers this season (1/9 @ NYR, 1G-1A).