New Jersey Devils 3 vs. Tampa Bay Lightning 1
- Attendance: 14,203
- Three Stars: Louis Domingue 2. Travis Zajac 3. Andy Greene
- The Devils defeated the Lightning, 3-1, in the second of three contests of the 2019-20 regular season series. New Jersey improves to (1-0-1; 3 pts) against Tampa Bay this season.
- New Jersey improves to 6-6-2 (3-3-2 home) against Atlantic Division opponents this season.
- Tonight concludes the clubs 11th of 16 sets of back-to-back action. The Devils improve their 5-6-1 record in second games. The victory marks the first time the Devils have won both games in back-to-back play this season (last: 11/15 vs PIT, 11/16 @ MTL).
- The Lightning outshot the Devils, 27-20. The 20 shots on goal ties a season low for the Devils in one game.
- New Jersey was 23-37 (62%) in face-offs tonight.
- The Devils are 4-3-1 at Prudential Center and 5-8-1 overall against the Lightning since the 2015-16 season.
- New Jersey will face-off against Tampa for the third and final time, March 15 at Amalie Arena.
- Louis Domingue got the start for his seventh of the season (second consecutive). Domingue stopped 26 of 27 shots faced, and improves to 3-4-0 this season (2-1-0 vs. Atlantic).
- Andy Greene notched the Devils first goal of the game, 3:10 into the second period assisted by Miles Wood and Jack Hughes. The tuck gives Greene his first of the season, and is now two goals away from his 50th of his NHL/NJD career.
- Travis Zajac tallied the game winner for the Devils 9:52 into the second frame, assisted by Nikita Gusev and Damon Severson. Zajac is now two goals shy from tying Z. Parise for fourth place on the Devils all-time goals list. Gusev extends his point streak to three games (1/9-12; 1G-2A).
- Miles Wood notched the empty net goal, 19:59 into the third frame, the latest recorded goal in a period this season for New Jersey. Wood’s tuck was assisted by Wayne Simmonds and Greene. Wood extends his goal streak to two games, Greene notches his second multi-point game this season (1G-1A) and Simmonds extends his assist streak to two games.
- Game Summary
- Event Summary
- Full Play-by-Play
- Face-off Summary
- Face-off Comparison
- Roster Report
- Shot Summary
- TOI Report – New Jersey Devils
UPCOMING SCHEDULE *Subject to change
Tomorrow: Travel to Toronto