New Jersey Devils 1 @ Colorado Avalanche 3
- Attendance: 18,034
- Three Stars: 1. Pavel Francouz 2. Gabriel Landeskog 3. Nathan MacKinnon
- The Devils fell to the Avalanche, 3-1, in the first of two contests of the 2019-20 regular season series.
- The Devils open up their ninth of 16 sets of back-to-back action tonight. The club falls to 1-5-3 in first games.
- New Jersey falls to 1-4-2 (1-3-0 road) against Central Division opponents this season.
- The Devils continue their four game road trip, falling to 0-3-0. The club faces-off against the Arizona Coyotes tomorrow night.
- New Jersey was 4-5 on the penalty kill tonight, and 0-4 on the power play.
- The Stars outshot the Devils, 35-26.
- New Jersey was 20-60 (33%) in face-offs tonight.
- The Devils are 1-4-0 at Pepsi Center and 3-6-0 overall against the Avalanche since the 2015-16 season. New Jersey will matchup with Colorado for the second and final time, Jan. 4 at Prudential Center.
- Louis Domingue got the start in the matchup, allowing two goals on 17 shots against. Domingue falls to 1-4-1 this season.
- Mackenzie Blackwood came into relieve Domingue at 30:48, stopping 33 of 35 shots faced in regulation.
- Sami Vatanen led the team in TOI, skating in 22:00.
- Mirco Mueller tallied his first goal of the season, 15:48 in the third assisted by Pavel Zacha and Wayne Simmonds.
- Valeri Nichushkin notched the game winner for the Avs.
- Game Summary
- Event Summary
- Full Play-by-Play
- Face-off Summary
- Face-off Comparison
- Roster Report
- Shot Summary
- Shift Chart
- TOI Report – New Jersey Devils
UPCOMING SCHEDULE *Subject to change
Tomorrow: 8 PM ET Game @ Arizona