New Jersey Devils 1 vs. Chicago Blackhawks 2 (SO)
- Attendance: 15,273
- Three Stars: 1. Kirby Dach Taylor Hall 3. Mackenzie Blackwood
- The Devils fell to the Blackhawks, 2-1 in the shootout, in the first of two contests of the 2019-20 regular season series.
- New Jersey falls to 1-1-2 (0-1-2 home) against Central Division opponents this season.
- Tonight’s contest opens New Jersey’s eighth of 16 sets of back-to-back play. The falls to 1-4-3 in first games. The Devils head to Nashville to face-off against the Predators on Saturday night.
- New Jersey was 1-2 on the penalty kill tonight, and 1-4 on the power play.
- The Devils outshot the Golden Knights, 30-29.
- New Jersey was 29-55 (53%) in face-offs tonight.
- The Devils fall to 3-0-2 at Prudential Center and 5-1-3 overall against the Blackhawks since the 2015-16 season. The Devils last regulation loss at home versus Chicago was Jan. 3, 2014. New Jersey will matchup with Chicago for the second and final time, Dec. 23 at United Center.
- Mackenzie Blackwood got his 20th start of the 2019-20 season, stopping 28 of 29 shots faced in regulation. Blackwood falls to 8-8-4 this season.
- Taylor Hall opened the scoring 13:31 in the first period on the power play. The power play goal marks Halls first at home this season. Sami Vatanen and Nikita Gusev assisted the tuck on the man advantage.
- Kirby Dach tallied the game decider for Chicago.
- Game Summary
- Event Summary
- Full Play-by-Play
- Face-off Summary
- Face-off Comparison
- Roster Report
- Shot Summary
- TOI Report – New Jersey Devils
UPCOMING SCHEDULE *Subject to change
Tomorrow: 8PM ET Game @ Nashville Predators