New Jersey Devils 3 vs. Vegas Golden Knights 4
- Attendance: 12,831
- Three Stars: 1. Jonathan Marchessault 2. Alex Tuch 3. Kyle Palmieri
- The Devils fell to the Golden Knights, 4-3, in the first of two contests of the 2019-20 regular season series.
- New Jersey falls to 2-3-1 (1-2-1 home) against Pacific Division opponents this season.
- Tonight’s contest concluded New Jersey’s seventh of 16 sets of back-to-back play. The club falls to 3-2-1 in second games. The Devils eighth set of back-to-back action will be Dec. 6 vs. CHI and Dec. 7 @ NSH.
- New Jersey was 0-2 on the penalty kill tonight, and 2-3 on the power play.
- The Devils outshot the Golden Knights, 35-30.
- New Jersey was 22-46 (48%) in face-offs tonight.
- New Jersey will matchup with Vegas for the second and final time, Mar. 3 at T-Mobile Arena.
- Mackenzie Blackwood got his 19th start of the 2019-20 season, stopping 26 of 30 shots faced. Blackwood falls to 8-8-3 this season.
- Kyle Palmieri opened the scoring 16:31 in the first period. Palmieri becomes the first Devils of the 2019-20 season to tally double digit goals this season (10). Damon Severson and Blake Coleman tallied the helpers on Palmieri’s tuck.
- Jesper Bratt notched his fifth goal of the season, 14:17 into the second frame, assisted by Severson and Pavel Zacha. Severson’s second helper gives him his first multi-point game of his 2019-20 regular season campaign.
- Nico Hischier tallied the fourth goal for New Jersey assisted by Taylor Hall and Palmieri. Palmieri tallied his third multi-point game this season.
- Jonathan Marchessault tallied a hat-trick and the game-winner in the contest.
- Game Summary
- Event Summary
- Full Play-by-Play
- Face-off Summary
- Face-off Comparison
- Roster Report
- Shot Summary
- TOI Report – New Jersey Devils
UPCOMING SCHEDULE *Subject to change