New Jersey Devils 1 @ Buffalo Sabres 7
- Attendance: 15,422
- Three Stars: 1. Johan Larsson 2. Jack Eichel 3. Connor Sheary
- The Devils fell to the Sabres, 7-1, in the second of three contests of the 2019-20 regular season series.
- The club allowed five goals in 20 minutes of action, the most New Jersey has allowed in one period this season. The last time the club has allowed five goals in the first period was Feb. 9, 1993 where New Jersey fell to Detroit, 8-5. *credit @DevilsMSGN
- New Jersey falls to 3-6-1 against Atlantic Division opponents this season, and 0-2-0 against Buffalo in the season series.
- Tonight’s contest opened New Jersey’s seventh of 16 sets of back-to-back play. The club falls to 1-4-2 in first games. The Devils head home to face-off against the Vegas Golden Knights Tuesday night.
- New Jersey was 1-2 on the penalty kill tonight, and 1-4 on the power play.
- The Devils outshot the Sabres, 45-32, the most shots the club has produced this season.
- New Jersey was 26-55 (47%) in face-offs tonight.
- The Devils are 5-3-1 at KeyBank Center and 9-4-1 overall against the Sabres since the 2015-16 season. New Jersey will matchup with Buffalo for the third and final time, Apr. 2 at Prudential Center.
- Louis Domingue got his 3rd start of the 2019-20 season for New Jersey, stopping 10 of 15 shots faced in 20 minutes of play. Domingue falls to 1-2-0 this season.
- Mackenzie Blackwood came into relieve Domingue at the start of the second frame. Blackwood saw 17 shots allowing 2 goals in 40 minutes of play.
- Nico Hischier tallied the Devils lone goal of the game, 8:10 into the second period. Sami Vatanen and Nikita Gusev tallied the helpers on Hischiers’ fourth goal of the season.
- Jeff Skinner tallied the game winner for Buffalo.
- Game Summary
- Event Summary
- Full Play-by-Play
- Face-off Summary
- Face-off Comparison
- Roster Report
- Shot Summary
- TOI Report – New Jersey Devils
UPCOMING SCHEDULE *Subject to change
Tomorrow: 10:30AM Practice @ Prudential Center / 7 PM Game vs. Vegas