New Jersey Devils 3 vs. Philadelphia Flyers 4 (SO)
- Attendance: 14,624
- Three Stars: 1. S. Couturier 2. T. Hall 3. S. Vatanen
- The Devils fell to the Flyers, 4-3, in a shootout, in their second head-to-head contest of the 2019-20 season.
- New Jersey has scored a power play goal in each of their last five contests after not converting in their first six games.
- Nico Hischier led the team in shots on goal, recording four.
- P.K. Subban led the team in time on ice, skating in 25:24 minutes and recording one goal.
- The Devils will face-off against the Flyers in their third of four matchups, February 6th at Wells Fargo Center.
- Mackenzie Blackwood got the start in net for his 6th start of the season, stopping 28 of 31 shots faced (.903%).
- Wayne Simmonds got the Devils on the board at 6:24 in the first period on the power play, recording his first goal of the season and his first as a Devil, assisted by Jack Hughes and Kyle Palmieri.
- Sami Vatanen tallied his fourth goal of the season at 14:28 in the second frame on the power play, getting the helpers from Nico Hischier and Taylor Hall. Vatanen extends his goal-streak to a career-high three games (3G). With his assist, Hall extends his assist-streak to four games (5A).
- Hall notched his second goal of the season at 9:58 in the third period, assisted by Andy Greene and Travis Zajac. With his assist, Greene extends his point-streak to two games (3A).