New Jersey Devils 1 vs. Vancouver Canucks 0
- Attendance: 13,818
- Three Stars: 1. Hughes 2. M. Blackwood 3. T. Demko
- The Devils shutout the Canucks, 1-0, in their first head-to-head contest of the 2019-20 season.
- Tonight marked the first NHL game played between Devils Jack Hughes and his older brother, Quinn Hughes. It is the 108th time in Devils franchise history that involves a brother vs. brother matchup. (Credit: Craig Seiden, Devils hockey statistician).
- With his goal, Hughes became the ninth player in NHL history to score his first NHL goal in a game against their brother. Marcus Foligno (w/ BUF) was the last to do so on March 10, 2012 against Nick Foligno (w/ OTT). (Credit: NHL Public Relations).
- The Devils went 7-7 on the penalty kill and are now 13-13 in their last two games played.
- Sami Vatanen led the team in time on ice, skating in 26:35 minutes and recording one assist.
- The Devils will face-off against the Canucks in their second and final matchup November 10th at Rogers Arena.
- Mackenzie Blackwood got the start in net for his 4th start of the season, stopping all 25 shots faced.
- Jack Hughes got the Devils on the board at 14:08 in the first period on the power play, recording his first career NHL goal, assisted by Taylor Hall and Sami Vatanen. With his goal, Hughes becomes the second youngest player in Devils franchise history to score a goal at 18 years and 157 days (behind Craig Wolanin, 18 years 135 days) (Credit: Craig Seiden, Devils hockey statistician).
- Game Notes
- Game Summary
- Event Summary
- Full Play-by-Play
- Face-off Summary
- Face-off Comparison
- Roster Report
- Shot Summary
- Shift Chart
- TOI Report – New Jersey Devils
UPCOMING SCHEDULE *Subject to change
Sunday: DAY OFF
Monday: Practice @ 11 am at RWJBarnabas Health Hockey House