New Jersey Devils 5 vs. New York Rangers 2
- Attendance: 16,514
- Three Stars: 1. Blackwood 2. J. Hughes 3. M. Tennyson
- The Devils defeated the Rangers, 5-2, in their first head-to-head contest of the 2019-20 season. New Jersey picks up their first win of the season.
- Tonight marked the first game ever between the Rangers and the Devils to feature an 18-year-old on each side (Jack Hughes, Kaapo Kakko) (Credit: NHL Public Relations).
- Jack Hughes joined Nico Hischier as the only Devils to record a point at 18-years-old (Credit: Craig Seiden, Devils hockey statistician).
- K. Subban led the team in time on ice, skating in 25:59 minutes and recorded one goal and tied his career-high in shots with 9 (last time, 2/5/18 Nsh. @ NYI).
- The Devils will face-off against the Rangers in their second of four matchups November 30th at Prudential Center.
“Video review confirmed the Referee’s call on the ice that Alexandar Georgiev had the puck under his glove before Taylor Hall pushed the covered puck into the net constituting goaltender interference. According to Rule 38.11, “The standard for overturning the call in the event of a “GOAL” call on the ice is that the NHL Situation Room, after reviewing any and all replays and consulting with the On-Ice Official(s), determines that the goal should have been disallowed due to “Interference on the Goalkeeper,” as described in Rules 69.1, 69.3 and 69.4”
- Mackenzie Blackwood got the start in net for his 3rd start of the pre-season, stopping 29 of 31 shots faced (.935%).
- Blake Coleman got the Devils on the board at 12:58 in the first frame, recording his third goal of the season, getting the helpers from Travis Zajac and Matt Tennyson. With his assist, Tennyson records his first point as a member of the Devils.
- Kyle Palmieri notched his third goal of the season at 2:18 in the second frame on the power play. The goal went unassisted.
- Miles Wood tallied his first goal of the season at 12:25 in the second period, assisted by Jack Hughes and Tennyson. With his assist, Hughes records his first career NHL point. Also with the assist, Tennyson records his first career multi-point game (2A).
- Nikita Gusev recorded his third goal of the season at 12:21 in the third frame. The goal went unassisted.
- K. Subban notched his first goal of the season and first as a Devil on an empty net at 19:12 in the third period, the goal going unassisted.
- Game Notes
- Game Summary
- Event Summary
- Full Play-by-Play
- Face-off Summary
- Face-off Comparison
- Roster Report
- Shot Summary
- Shift Chart
- TOI Report – New Jersey Devils
UPCOMING SCHEDULE *Subject to change
Friday: Practice at 12 pm at RWJBarnabas Health Hockey House
Saturday: Game vs. Vancouver Canucks @ 1 pm at Prudential Center