New Jersey Devils 1 vs. Tampa Bay Lightning 5
- Attendance: 13,394
- Three Stars: 1. N. Kucherov 2. B. Point 3. L. Domingue
- CLICK to see NJD Beat Writer, Amanda C. Stein’s 10 Takeaways from the game**
- The Devils fell to the Lightning, 5-1, in their final head-to-head contest of the 2018-19 campaign.
- Marcus Johansson led the team with four shots on goal.
- Damon Severson led the team in time-on-ice, skating in 19:24 minutes. Additionally, Severson tallied one shot on goal in the contest.
- With tonight’s regulation loss, New Jersey is now winless in their last five games, their longest streak without a regulation win (Nov. 23-Dec. 3, 0-3-2)
- The Devils conclude their 2018-19 season matchup with the Lightning, finishing 0-3-0.
- Keith Kinkaid got the start in net for his 21st start of the season, playing in 39:57 minutes, stopping 16 of 20 shots faced.
- Cory Schneider came in to relief Kinkaid at the start of the third frame, playing in 19:56, stopping 5 of 6 shots faced.
- Egor Yakovlev got the Devils on the board at 11:26 in the first frame, tallying his first career NHL/Devils goal, getting the helpers from Sami Vatanen and Stefan Noesen. With his goal, Yakovlev becomes the 12th Devils defenseman to score his first career goal by his eighth career game (Credit: Craig Seiden, Devils hockey statistician).