New Jersey Devils 3 vs. New York Islanders 4
- Attendance: 16,514
- Three Stars: 1. M. Barzal 2. Hall 3. M. Johansson
- CLICK to see NJD Beat Writer, Amanda C. Stein’s 10 Takeaways from the game**
- The Devils fell to the Islanders, 4-3, in overtime in their second of four head-to-head contests of the 2018-19 campaign.
- Sami Vatanen led the team in time-on-ice, skating in 22:42 minutes and recorded four shots on goal. This was Vatanen’s first game coming off the I.R.
- Brian Boyle recorded his 200th career NHL point with his third period goal.
- The Devils extended their second period goal-streak at home to 11 games.
- The Devils went 3-3 on the penalty kill and are 12-12 in their last four games.
- New Jersey will face-off with the Islanders on January 17th at Nassau Coliseum, in the clubs’ third matchup of the 2018-19 regular season.
- Keith Kinkaid got the start in net for his seventeenth start of the season, playing in 63:40 minutes, stopping 31 of 35 shots faced. Kinkaid now has a 3-5-2 career record against the Islanders.
- Taylor Hall got the Devils on the board at 6:26 in the second frame, tallying his team-leading seventh goal of the season.
- Brian Boyle notched his seventh goal of the season, and first since returning back from injury, at 2:43 in the third period, the assists came from Blake Coleman and Sami Vatanen. Coleman has recorded six assists in the last five games.
- Marcus Johansson tied the game with 10.2 seconds remaining in the third period, notching his third goal of the season, getting the helpers from Hall and Will Butcher. With his assist, Hall records his sixth multi-point game of the season and his first back-to-back multi-point games.
- Game Summary
- Event Summary
- Full Play-by-Play
- Face-off Summary
- Face-off Comparison
- Roster Report
- Shot Summary
- Shift Chart
- TOI Report – New Jersey Devils
UPCOMING SCHEDULE *Subject to change
Saturday: Practice at 12 pm @ RWJBarnabas Hockey House
Sunday: Game at 7 pm @ Tampa Bay Lightning