New Jersey Devils 3 at Tampa Bay Lightning 8
- Attendance: 19,092
- Three Stars: 1. B. Point 2. B. Coburn 3. N. Kucherov
- **See @NJDevils on twitter and newjerseydevils.com for post-game pressers and sound**
- The Devils were defeated by the Lightning 8-3, in their first head-to-head matchup of the 2018-19 campaign.
- The Devils have scored a goal in the first period in eight of nine games. New Jersey has also scored two goals in the first period three times this season (10/11/18 vs WSH, 10/25/18 vs NSH) – (Credit Craig Seiden, Devils hockey statistician).
- New Jersey has recorded a power play goal in eight of nine games this season.
- Sami Vatanen led the team in time-on-ice, skating in 21:38 minutes and led with five shots on goal.
- New Jersey will matchup with Tampa Bay on November 25th, at Amalie Arena, in the clubs’ second of three matchups of the 2018-19 regular season.
- Miles Wood got the Devils on the board at 1:01 in the first frame, tallying his first goal of the 2018-19 regular season, with assists from Sami Vatanen and Mirco Mueller. With his assist, Mueller surpasses his career high in points, now with five on the season.
- Travis Zajac notched his third goal of the season at 5:04 in the first period, getting the helper from Wood. Zajac is now tied for sixth place with Pat Verbeek for all-time goals with the New Jersey Devils.
- Kyle Palmieri recorded his ninth goal of the season at 16:47 on the power play in the second period, with the assists from Taylor Hall and Will Butcher. Palmieri’s goal was the first power play goal given up by the Lightning at home this season. Hall now extends his point streak to eight games (2G-10A-12PTS) and Butcher collected his fifth helper of the year. Palmieri joins Bobby Holik (1992-93 – 5) as the two New Jersey Devils players to score five power-play goals through the teams’ first nine games (Creidt Craig Seiden, Devils hockey statistician).