New Jersey Devils 6 vs Montreal Canadiens 4
- Attendance: 14,586
- Three Stars: 1. Travis Zajac 2. Taylor Hall 3. Will Butcher
- **See @NJDevils on twitter and newjerseydevils.com for post-game pressers and sound**
- New Jersey defeated the Montreal Canadiens in regulation, 6-4, in their second of three meetings against Montreal. The Devils are 1-0-1 against the Canadiens this season. The two clubs will face-off for the last time in the 2017-18 regular season on April 1 at Bell Centre.
- The club is 11-6-4 (5-3-2 home) vs. the Atlantic and is 23-15-5 (11-7-2 home) vs. all Eastern Conference opponents.
- The Devils are 2-2-4 at Prudential Center (5-5-4 overall) against the Habs since the 2013-14 season.
- With tonight’s win, the Devils improved to 1-1-0 in their three-game home stand. The Devils play their final game on Thursday against the Winnipeg Jets, before beginning a six-game road trip.
- New Jersey netted six goals tonight, tying their second highest (10/9 @ BUF, 10/11 @ TOR) total of the season. The season high was back on Nov. 12 when the team scored seven goals at Chicago (W 7-5).
- After going 0-3 on the power play in the teams’ first matchup, New Jersey went 3-5 tonight. The last time the Devils scored three power play goals this season was the club’s first game of the season, 4-1 W Oct. 6 vs COL, where the Devils went 3-4 on the power play. New Jersey has scored at least one goal on the power play in their last five appearances.
- Coach John Hynes earned his 100th career win tonight.
- Taylor Hall extended his point streak to 26 games (18G-20A-38PTS; Jan. 2-Mar. 6) tonight with two assists. It was 22nd multi-point game of the season, a new career-high.
- Blake Coleman scored the game’s second goal of the night, and had his first multi-point game in 15 games (1G-1A) (Feb. 3 – Mar. 4).
- Travis Zajac notched three points in the first period tonight (2G-1A). This is the fourth time this season that a Devil has posted three points in one period (J. Bratt – 10/9 @ BUF, T. Hall – 11/24 vs VAN, B. Boyle – 12/18 vs ANA).
- Will Butcher recorded his sixth multi-point game of the season/his career with two even strength primary assists. Tonight was the rookie’s first multi-point game since Dec. 23 vs Chicago (2A; 32GP).
- Brian Boyle (1G-1A) and Kyle Palmieri (2A) each registered multi-point efforts.
- Sami Vatanen extended his point streak to four games with two assists tonight (1G-4A-5PTS; Mar. 1-6).
- Patrick Maroon scored his first career goal (GW) as a Devil tonight, tallying his fourth point in four games (1G-3A-4PTS).
- Keith Kinkaid stopped 29 of 33 (.870 SV%). He is 2-3-0 vs. MTL as a Devil/in career.
- Game Summary
- Event Summary
- Full Play-by-Play
- Face-off Summary
- Face-off Comparison
- Roster Report
- Shot Summary
- TOI Report – New Jersey Devils
UPCOMING SCHEDULE *Subject to change
Tomorrow: RWJBarnabas Health Hockey House: 12PM
Thursday: 10:30AM Morning Skate Prudential Center 7PM Game vs Winnipeg
Friday: RWJBarnabas Health Hockey House: 12PM