New Jersey Devils 2 vs. Boston Bruins 3 SO
- Attendance: 16,514
- Three Stars: 1. Brian Gibbons 2. Jesper Bratt 3. Damon Severson
**See newjerseydevils.com for post-game pressers and sound**
- The Devils lost to the Boston Bruins, in an eleven-round shootout, and are now 12-5-4 overall and 5-3-2 at home.
- New Jersey lost their first shootout at home this season and are 2-2 overall.
- With the loss, the Devils are now 3-2-2 at Prudential Center and 4-6-3 overall against the Bruins since the 2013-14 season.
- The Devils remained undefeated in regulation vs. the Atlantic Division (6-0-2 overall / 3-0-1 at home) and are 7-1-2 overall against the Eastern Conference.
- New Jersey was 1-3 on the power play and 4-4 while shorthanded. The club is 3-13 (23.1%) in their last five games on the power play and prior to tonight had failed to score on the man-advantage in their previous three games.
- The Devils out-shot the Bruins, 42-29. New Jersey is now 2-1-3 when they out-shoot their opponent.
- At 17:10 of the first period, Boston requested a Coach’s Challenge to review whether Brian Boyle interfered with Anton Khudobin prior to Jesper Bratt’s goal. After reviewing all available replays and consulting with NHL Hockey Operations staff, the Referee confirmed no goaltender interference infractions occurred. Therefore the original call stands – good goal New Jersey Devils. Since the Coach’s Challenge did not result in the original call being overturned, the Boston Bruins forfeit their time-out.
- New Jersey placed Kyle Palmieri (broken right foot) on Injured Reserve retroactive to 11/20/17. The club announced earlier today that Kyle suffered the injury from taking a shot during Monday’s game at Minnesota. He is out 4-6 weeks and will be working out off ice and evaluated by medical staff during that time.
- Jesper Bratt scored his sixth goal of the season on the power play at 17:10 of the first period. Bratt also recorded a career-high 19:23 TOI.
- Brian Boyle and Adam Henrique had the assists on Bratt’s goal. Henrique now has four points (1g-3a) in his last two games.
- Brian Gibbons recorded his team-leading tenth goal of the season at 15:16 of the third period. With the goal, Gibbons has three points (2g-1a) in his past three games.
- Damon Severson registered his fifth assist of the season and also chipped in with four shots on net and 23:42 TOI.
- Cory Schneider stopped 27 of 29 shots against (9-of-11 in the shootout) and fell to 8-4-3 overall.
- Taylor Hall led the Devils with 24:46 TOI and six shots on net.
- Steven Santini led the team with four hits and John Moore had a team-high four blocked shots.