New Jersey Devils 4 at Calgary Flames 5 (SO)
- Attendance: 17,839
- Three Stars: 1. Micheal Ferland 2. Nico Hischier 3. Michael Frolik
**See newjerseydevils.com for post-game pressers and sound**
- The Devils lost in a shootout to the Calgary Flames and are now 9-3-1 overall and 5-1-1 on the road.
- Tonight was the Devils first shootout loss of the season and the club finished 1-1-1 on their three-game western Canadian road trip.
- The Devils are 1-2-2 in Calgary since the 2013-14 season (7-15-8 on road since 1982-83 season).
- New Jersey is 2-2-1 against the Pacific Division this season and 3-2-1 against the Western Conference.
- The Devils were 0-2 on the power play and 0-3 while shorthanded. The club surrendered their first shorthanded goal against of the season on Michael Frolik’s goal at 11:07 of the first period.
- At 13:15 of the first period, Keith Kinkaid stopped Micheal Ferland’s penalty shot attempt. Kinkaid has stopped both penalty shots he has faced in his career (P. Kessel, Mar. 17, 2017, Save). This was the first penalty shot against the Devils in 2017-18 season.
- Miles Wood was awarded a penalty shot at 13:54 of the third period and was unsuccessful on the attempt. Wood is now 0 for 2 in his career on attempted penalty shots (Nov. 29, 2016, vs. C. Hellebuyck, Miss).
- The Devils were out-shot 34-30.
- Taylor Hall opened the scoring for the Devils with his fifth goal of the season. Hall now has a season-high five-game point streak (4g-4a).
- Nico Hischier had two assists for his third multi-point game of his career. Hischier has three assists in his past two-games and led the Devils with 5 shots on net.
- Ben Lovejoy picked up his first goal and second assist of the season. Lovejoy recorded his first multi-point game as a Devil and the ninth of his career. His last goal came Dec. 6, 2016 vs, VAN.
- Brian Gibbons notched his team-leading 7th goal of the season at 12:37 of the second period.
- Andy Greene scored his first goal of the season and led the team with 24:25 TOI and 3 blocked shots.
- Jimmy Hayes recorded his second assist of the season on Lovejoy’s goal.
- Jesper Bratt notched his seventh assist and 12th point of the season.
- Keith Kinkaid stopped 30 of 34 shots (1-3 in shootout) and fell to 3-1-1 overall.