New Jersey Devils 1 at Detroit Red Wings 4
- Attendance: 20,027
- Three Stars: 1. Henrik Zetterberg 2. Riley Sheahan 3. Gustav Nyquist
- The Devils completed their 2016-17 season 28-40-14 overall and 12-22-6 on the road. Tonight’s game also marks the final NHL game at Joe Louis Arena. New Jersey finished 13-20-2 all-time in Joe Louis Arena.
- The Devils finished their season-series with the Red Wings 1-1-1. New Jersey finished 7-13-4 vs. the Atlantic Division and is 18-29-7 against Eastern Conference opponents.
- New Jersey closed out its 18th of 18 sets of back-to-back games. The club is 5-9-4 in first games and is 7-7-4 in second games of back-to-backs.
- The Devils were 0-3 on the power play tonight and are 2-17 (11.8%) over the last five games.
- New Jersey was 2-3 on the penalty kill tonight and are 19-26 (73.1%) while shorthanded over the last five games.
- The Devils were out-shot by the Red Wings 35-25.
- John Moore scored the lone goal for the Devils at 1:15 of the third period. It was Moore’s 12th goal of the season and third goal in his last four games. Moore finished the season with a career-high 12 goals and 22 points.
- Jacob Josefson had the primary assist on Moore’s goal in the third period. Josefson had two assists in three games since returning from an upper-body injury April 6 vs. Pit.
- Michael Cammalleri also had an assist and led the Devils with five shots on net and four hits.
- Cory Schneider made his 59th start of the season while stopping 31 of 35 shots on net. Schneider finished 2016-17 with a 20-27-11 record.
- Ben Lovejoy led the Devils with 20:57 TOI.