New Jersey Devils 2 vs. Boston Bruins 1
- Attendance: 15,486
- Three Stars: 1. Keith Kinkaid 2. Reid Boucher 3. Travis Zajac
- New Jersey has points in seven of its last 10 games (6-3-1=11pts). At 37-32-8=82pts, the club has already surpassed its win/point total from all of 2014-15 (32-36-14=78pts).
- The Devils are 3-0-1=5pts over their last four home games and are 18-15-5=41pts at Prudential Center overall.
- New Jersey is played the first of its final six games vs. the Atlantic Division. The Devils are 10-5-4=24pts vs. the Atlantic, including 4-4-1=9pts at home.
- The Devils are 5/20 (25.0%) on the power play over their last six games.
- The Devils are 4-11-4 vs. the Bruins since 2010-11, including 3-6-1 at Prudential Center…Andy Greene has registered 2g-2a- 4pts in his last eight games vs. Boston…Travis Zajac has 5g-4a-9pts over his last seven games vs. the Bruins.
- Keith Kinkaid (39 saves) made his first start since Mar. 19 vs. Columbus (4 games) and improved to 9-7-1 on the season.
- Kinkaid’s 39 save performance marks a new career-high (prev. 38, Feb. 7, 2015 at MTL).
- Travis Zajac scored his 14th goal of the season on the power play at 16:59 of the first period. It was the tenth time Zajac has recorded points in consecutive games this season. Reid Boucher and David Warsofsky recorded the assists.
- Boucher also scored his eighth goal (GWG) of the season on the power play at 4:05 of the third period. Travis Zajac and Kyle Palmieri recorded the assists. Boucher has four game-winning goals this season.
- Boucher has 2g-3a-5pts over the last five games and has five multiple point games this season.
- Zajac had 1g-1a-2pts in the contest for his tenth multiple point game of the season.
- Warsofsky’s assist was his first point as a Devil (9 GP).
- Blake Pietila led the Devils with a season high four shots on goal.
Head Coach John Hynes
- Wednesday: 11:00 am Practice: Prudential Center
- Thursday: Devils vs Florida Panthers at BB&T Center (7:30 p.m., MSG Plus 2, News Radio 880 WCBS).