New Jersey Devils 1 vs. Colorado Avalanche 2
- Attendance: 14,019
- Three Stars: 1. Tyson Barrie 2. Matt Duchene 3. Kyle Palmieri
- New Jersey is now winless in its last five games vs. Colorado (0-2-3, last win, Mar. 15, 2012, 1-0 SO at Prudential Center). Each of the last six games between the clubs has been decided by one goal.
- The Devils fell to 5-6-2 at home and to 5-6-1 vs. the Western Conference.
- New Jersey’s penalty kill unit was 3/3 tonight and has not allowed a power play goal over the last seven games (23/23) at Prudential Center, dating back to Nov. 6. The PK is 51/56 (91.0%) over the past 16 games overall.
- The Devils outshot the Avalanche, 28-25.
- Cory Schneider (23 saves) made his fifth consecutive start in goal and fell to 11-7-2 on the season. He’s allowed two goals or less in 12 of his last 13 starts since Oct. 29 (7-4-1, 1 ShO, 1.83 GAA, .935 save %).
- Kyle Palmieri scored his ninth goal of the season at 2:09 of the third period. He has goals in back-to-back games (2g) & 3g-1a-4pts over his last six appearances. Palmieri is now just 5g away from tying his career-high (14g, 2014-15 & 2013-14).
- Travis Zajac registered the lone assist on Palmieri’s goal, his fourth in the past six contests. He was also 13/23 (56.5%) in the face-off circle.
- Mike Cammalleri registered a team-leading seven shots on goal.
- Jordin Tootoo accumulated seven PIM tonight and leads the Devils with 46 PIM overall.
- Adam Henrique tied a season-high with four hits tonight (also, Oct. 29 at Philadelphia).
Head Coach John Hynes, Cory Schneider, Andy Greene, Damon Severson, Adam Henrique, Eric Gelinas and Colorado Head Coach Patrick Roy.
- Tomorrow: 11:30 AM practice at AmeriHealth Pavilion.
- Thursday: vs. Carolina Hurricanes at PNC Arena (7:00 PM ET, MSG Plus, Sports Radio 66 AM & 101.9 FM WFAN).