New Jersey Devils 3 vs. New York Islanders 2 (SO)
- Attendance: 11,605
- Three Stars: 1. Bobby Farnham 2. Frans Nielsen 3. John Moore
- The Devils have won six of their last seven (6-1-0) and have points in seven of their last eight games overall (6-1-1=13pts).
- New Jersey played a matinee game at Prudential Center for the first time since Apr. 13, 2014 vs. Boston (W, 3-2).
- The Devils improved to 2-1 in the shootout this season and to 63-57 all time.
- Today’s contest was the third of four consecutive games vs. divisional opponents. New Jersey is now 3-2-0 vs. the Metropolitan Division thus far (1-1-0 at home).
- New Jersey snapped a six-game winless stretch (0-2-4) vs. the Islanders.
- The Devils improved to 6-4-1 on Halloween all-time, and have won four straight on Oct. 31: 2009, 2-1 SO at Tampa Bay; 2007, 6-1 vs. Tampa Bay; 1998, 3-1 vs. Florida.
- The Islanders outshot the Devils, 26-17.
- Cory Schneider made his eighth consecutive start in goal (24 saves + 2/3 SO) and improved to 6-2-1 overall.
- Mike Cammalleri scored the game-deciding goal in the shootout, the seventh of his career & first since Mar. 24, 2014 vs. San Jose.
- Jacob Josefson also scored in the shootout and improved to 3/4 on the season & 8/14 (57.1%) in his career.
- Bobby Farnham posted 1g-1a-2pts, the first points of his NHL career, in his Devils’ debut. In his first shift with New Jersey, Farnham picked up an assist on John Moore’s goal. Farnham then scored the first goal of his NHL career at 14:36 of the first period to extend the Devils’ lead to 2-0.
- Moore scored his first goal as a Devil/since Mar. 24 at Detroit (17 games) 2:58 into the contest.
- Lee Stempniak collected the primary assist on Moore’s tally and now has 2g-4a-6pts over the past seven games. He led the Devils with four shots on goal today.
- Damon Severson was credited with the primary assist on Farnham’s marker and leads all Devils’ defensemen with 0g-4a-4pts on the season.
- Stephen Gionta also assisted on Farnham’s goal, his first point of 2015-16.
- Farnham and Jon Merrill were both +2 today.
- Andy Greene led the Devils with 24:36 of TOI.
- Jiri Tlusty missed the game due to an upper body injury.
- Stefan Matteau was a healthy scratch for the third consecutive game.
Head Coach John Hynes, Cory Schneider, Bobby Farnham, Mike Cammalleri, Damon Severson and Islanders Head Coach Jack Capuano.
- Tomorrow: Off.
- Monday: 9:30 AM practice at AmeriHealth Pavilion.
- Tuesday: vs. New York Islanders at Barclays Center (7:00 PM, MSG Plus 2, Sports Radio 66 AM & 101.9 FM WFAN).