New Jersey Devils 3 at New York Rangers 6
Three Stars: 1. Brian Gibbons 2. Jayson Megna 3. Chris Kreider
- New Jersey out shot New York, 26-23.
- The Devils went 3/5 on the power play tonight after going 0/6 Sunday at Boston.
- New Jersey was 6/7 on the penalty-kill.
- Cory Schneider (L, 32:26, 10 saves/12 shots against) made the start in goal.
- Yann Danis (27:25, 7 saves/11 shots against) relieved Schneider midway through the second period.
- Jordin Tootoo scored New Jersey’s first goal of the pre-season, a power play tally, at 7:30 of the first period.
- Mike Sislo scored a power play goal at 16:47 of the second to tie the game at 2-2.
- Adam Larsson netted his PPG with just 2:09 remaining in the third period.
- Tyler Kennedy, who is attending training camp on a PTO, collected the primary assist on both Tootoo’s and Larsson’s markers.
- John Moore, who was signed on July 1, made his pre-season debut for New Jersey and picked up an assist on Tootoo’s goal. Moore was facing New York for the first time since the Rangers traded him to Arizona on March 1.
- Andy Greene and Marc-Andre Gragnani were credited with the assists on Sislo’s marker.
- Gragnani was signed to a two-way deal on July 3 and made his Devils’ pre-season debut tonight.
- Greene led the club in TOI with 26:24 of action tonight.
- Travis Zajac was tops among forwards with 20:59 of TOI.
- Jiri Tlusty, who signed with New Jersey last Wednesday, recorded two shots on goal in his first pre-season game as a Devil.
- Zajac, Moore, Mike Cammalleri, Tootoo and Sislo each recorded three shots on goal.
- Blake Coleman, who signed an entry-level deal this July after four seasons at the University of Miami (OH), finished with four hits on the night in just 10:09 of action. He was tied with Tootoo for second behind Larsson, who recorded a team-high five hits.
- Raman Hrabarenka led the Devils with four blocked shots.
- Tomorrow: TBA
- Next Game: Wednesday vs. New York Islanders at Barclays Center (7:00 PM).