New Jersey Devils 1 at New York Rangers 6
- Attendance: 18,006
- Three Stars: 1. Henrik Lundqvist 2. Dominic Moore 3. Keith Yandle
- The Devils fell to 0-2-1 vs. the Rangers.
- New Jersey is now 10-12-7 vs. the Metropolitan Division, including 4-8-3 on the road.
- Tonight’s contest closed-out the team’s 18th/final set of back-to-back games. The Devils finished 8-6-4 in first games and 6-9-3 in second games when playing on consecutive dates.
- New Jersey outshot New York, 36-32.
- Cory Schneider (L, 12:24, three goals allowed, six shots against) made the start in goal but was relieved for the eighth time this season.
- Keith Kinkaid (ND, 47:31, the goals allowed, 26 shots against) made his sixth appearance in relief.
- Tuomo Ruutu scored the Devils’ only goal, his eighth of the season/first since February 21 vs. Carolina (18 games).
- Mark Fraser was credited with the primary assist, his first assist/point since March 3 vs. Nashville (13 games).
- Jordin Tootoo also assisted on the goal, his sixth of 2014-15, giving him 2g-2a-4pts over the last 11 games.
- Tomorrow: TBA
- Next Game: Tuesday vs. New York Rangers at Prudential Center (7:00 PM ET, MSG Plus, Sports Radio 66 AM & 101.9 FM WFAN).