New Jersey Devils 1 at Carolina Hurricanes 3
- Attendance: 12,578
- Three Stars: 1. Justin Faulk 2. Eric Staal 3. Chris Terry
- Despite the loss, New Jersey won the season series vs. Carolina 2-1-1=5pts.
- The Devils are now 10-11-6 vs. the Metropolitan Division this season, including 4-7-2 on the road.
- Tonight’s contest opened the team’s 17th of 18 sets of back-to-back games. New Jersey is now 7-6-4 in first games and 6-7-3 in second games when playing on consecutive dates.
- The club’s power play unit went 1/1 tonight after being held scoreless over the previous five games (0/7).
- Carolina outshot New Jersey, 32-22.
- Keith Kinkaid (29 saves) made the start in goal and fell to 5-5-3 on the season.
- Patrik Elias scored his fourth power play goal of the season, 11th overall, at 11:03 of the first period. He now has points in back-to-back games (1g-1a-2pts).
- Mike Cammalleri picked up the lone assist on Elias’ goal, giving him points in two straight (2a) and 1g-3a-4pts over his last five appearances.
- Jordin Tootoo appeared in his 600th NHL game.
- Tomorrow: vs. Anaheim Ducks vs. Prudential Center (7:00 PM ET, MSG Network, Sports Radio 66 AM & 101.9 FM WFAN).
This entry was posted in Game Day
, Post Game
. Bookmark the permalink