New Jersey Devils 1 vs. Pittsburgh Penguins 2 (OT)
- Attendance: 16,592 (sold out)
- Three Stars: 1. Cory Schneider 2. Simon Despres 3. Chris Kunitz
- Despite the loss, the Devils have points in seven of their last nine games (5-2-2) and are 4-1-2 over their last seven games at Prudential Center.
- New Jersey lost at home to Pittsburgh for the first time since March 17, 2012; the Devils are 15-3-1 vs. the Penguins at The Rock since 2008-09.
- The Devils opened their 11th of 18 sets of back-to-back games. The team is now 4-4-3 in first games and 2-4-3 in second games when playing on consecutive dates.
- Pittsburgh outshot New Jersey, 43-14; the 43 shots against tied a season-high (January 8 at Boston).
- Cory Schneider faced a season-high 43 shots/made a season-high 41 saves (previously, 42/40 January 8 at Boston) in his NHL-leading 43rd start in goal. He’s now 5-1-1 in his last seven decisions.
- Steve Bernier netted his seventh goal of the season/fourth in the last five games. Bernier now has 7g-7a-14pts in 34 games this season; he posted 3g-9a-12pts in 78 appearances in 2013-14.
- Andy Greene played in his 196th straight game, dating back to March 6, 2012, and tied Scott Stevens (196 games, November 23, 1993-October 5, 1996) for the second-longest consecutive games-played streak by a defenseman in Devils’ history. Ken Daneyko (388 games, November 4, 1989-March 29, 1994) holds the record.
President/General Manager Lou Lamoriello, Cory Schneider, Scott Gomez and Patrik Elias.
- Tomorrow: Florida Panthers at Prudential Center (7:00 PM ET, MSG Plus, Sports Radio 66 AM & 101.9 FM WFAN).