New Jersey Devils 2 vs. Toronto Maple Leafs 1 (SO)
- Attendance: 15,882
- Three Stars: 1. Adam Larsson 2. Jonathan Bernier 3. Cory Schneider
- New Jersey improved to 4-1-1 over its last six games at Prudential Center and to 3-1-0 in its last four games overall.
- The Devils are now 3-6 in the shootout this season, with all three wins coming on home ice.
- Toronto outshout New Jersey, 30-23.
- Cory Schneider (29 saves + 1/1 SO) made his league-leading 42nd start and improved to 17-19-4 on the season.
- Jacob Josefson recorded the game-deciding goal in the shootout, his second of the season.
- Adam Larsson scored his second goal of the season/first since November 1 vs. Columbus (26 games) with 2:50 remaining in the third period to tie the game. He now has 1g-5a-6pts over the last eight games; he had 1g-3a-4pts over his first 22 appearances this season.
- Martin Havlat notched the primary assist on Larsson’s tally and now has points in a season-high four straight games (2g-2a-4pts).
- Patrik Elias collected the secondary assist, giving him 2g-6a-8pts over the last eight games. He also scored in the shootout and is 2/3 this season.
- Jaromir Jagr and Tuomo Ruutu returned to the lineup after missing the previous three game due to illness.
President/General Manager Lou Lamoriello, Cory Schneider, Patrik Elias and Travis Zajac.
- Tomorrow: Noon practice at AmeriHealth Pavilion.
- Friday: vs. Pittsburgh Penguins at Prudential Center (7:00 PM ET, MSG Plus, Sports Radio 66 AM & 101.9 FM WFAN).