New Jersey Devils 2 vs. Montreal Canadiens 4
- Attendance: 16,174
- Three Stars: 1. Michael Bournival 2. P.K. Subban 3. Michael Ryder
- New Jersey fell to 5-7-5 at home and to 13-20-7 overall.
- The Devils opened their ninth of 18 sets of back-to-back games. They are now 4-3-2 in first games and 2-4-2 in second games when playing on consecutive dates.
- New Jersey was 3/4 on the penalty-kill tonight and is now 39/43 (90.7 %) over the last 13 games.
- The Canadiens out shot the Devils, 26-24.
- Keith Kinkaid (22 saves + ENG) made his fourth start of the season and fell to 1-2-2.
- Mike Cammalleri scored his team-leading 12th goal of the year/first since December 4 at Toronto (seven games).
- Michael Ryder scored his fifth goal of the season/first since November 6 at St. Louis (21 games). He now has 3g-2a-5pts in four games vs. the Canadiens as a Devil.
- Jaromir Jagr recorded the primary assist on Cammalleri’s marker, his team-leading 22nd point of the season. Jagr now has 1,066 assists in his career and trails Adam Oates (1,079a) by 13 helpers for sixth all-time.
- Scott Gomez collected the secondary assist on Cammalleri’s goal. He also appeared in his 564th game with New Jersey, which ties Jamie Langenbrunner for 16th in team history.
- Patrik Elias, Martin Havlat and Ryder were each activated from Injured Reserve prior to the game and returned to the lineup tonight.
- Steve Bernier (lower body) and Eric Gelinas (ill) each missed their first game of the season due to injury/illness.
President/General Manager Lou Lamoriello, Keith Kinkaid, Mike Cammalleri, Michael Ryder and Patrik Elias.
- Saturday: vs. Philadelphia Flyers at Prudential Center (7:00 PM ET, MSG Plus, News Radio 880 WCBS).