New Jersey Devils 1 at New York Rangers 3
- Attendance: 18,006
- Three Stars: 1. Derek Stepan 2. Henrik Lundqvist 3. Cory Schneider
- The Devils dropped their third straight games (0-2-1).
- New Jersey fell to 4-8-3 vs. the Metropolitan Division, to 8-12-2 on the road and to 12-18-7 overall.
- The Devils’ penalty-kill unit was 2/2 tonight and is 27/29 (93.1%) over the past nine games.
- New York outshot New Jersey, 28-20.
- Cory Schneider (25 saves + ENG) made his NHL leading 33rd start in goal and fell to 11-17-4.
- Steve Bernier scored his third goal of the season and now has points in back-to-back games (1g-1a-2pts).
- Eric Gelinas recorded the primary assist to snap a five-game point-less streak.
- Tuomo Ruutu also picked up an assist and now has points in two straight for the second time this season (also November 21-22, 2g).
- Scott Gomez became the 296th player in NHL history to reach the 1,000 games-played milestone.
- Dainius Zubrus (leg lacerations) was activated from Injured Reserve earlier today and returned to the lineup after missing the previous eight games.
- Jacob Josefson also returned to the lineup tonight after missing three straight due to a groin injury.
- Sunday: TBA
- Monday: vs. Pittsburgh Penguins at Prudential Center (7:00 PM ET, MSG Plus, Sports Radio 66 AM & 101.9 FM WFAN).
This entry was posted in Game Day
, Post Game
. Bookmark the permalink