New Jersey Devils 3 vs. Philadelphia Flyers 1
- Attendance: 10,404
- Three Stars: 1. Scott Gomez 2. Damien Brunner 3. Tuomo Ruutu
- The Devils improved to 2-1-1 in the pre-season.
- New Jersey out shot Philadelphia, 41-16, including a 35-7 margin over the first two periods.
- The Devils were 2/7 on the power play tonight and are 5/23 (21.7%) with the man-advantage during the pre-season.
- Scott Clemmensen (15 saves) made his second start of the pre-season and improved to 1-0-0. It was his first start at Prudential Center as a Devil since February 15, 2009 vs. San Jose (W 6-5).
- Scott Gomez scored two goals tonight, both on the power play. He now has 2g-1a-3pts over the past two games after collecting a power play assist on Friday at the New York Islanders.
- Damien Brunner assisted on each of Gomez’s tallies, his first points of the pre-season.
- Marek Zidlicky scored an empty-net goal and added an assist for his first points of the pre-season.
- Tuomo Ruutu recorded 1a, his first point of the pre-season.
Head Coach Peter DeBoer
Philadelphia Flyers’ Head Coach Craig Berube
- Tomorrow: New Jersey Devils Training Camp will continue tomorrow (Monday) with an 11:00 AM session at AmeriHealth Pavilion at Prudential Center. Media looking to attend should enter the Event Staff Entrance off Lafayette Street (between the Ford VIP Parking Deck and the arena). Television crews looking to shoot the session should be in place and ready for 10:50 AM.
- Next Game: Thursday vs. New York Islanders at Prudential Center (7:00 PM).