New Jersey Devils 2 at Phoenix Coyotes 3
- Attendance: 14,005
- Three Stars: 1. Martin Hanzal 2. Keith Yandle 3. Jordan Szwarz
- The Devils completed their four-game road trip 1-1-2=4pts.
- New Jersey had its season-high six-game point streak (3-0-3=9pts) snapped.
- The Devils are now 4-9-5=13pts vs. the Western Conference this season.
- New Jersey out-shot Phoenix 34-27, including 10-2 in the third period; the two shots against in the third period were a season-low.
- The Devils were1/2 on the power play tonight and connected on 3/11 (27.3%) attempts over the last four games.
- New Jersey’s penalty-kill unit was 2/3 tonight and 11/13 during the road trip.
- Martin Brodeur (24 saves) made the start in goal and fell to 13-10-4 on the season.
- Ryane Clowe scored his second goal of the season and first on the power play. He also added an assist for his second multiple-point game and now has 2g-7a-9pts in his last seven.
- Jaromir Jagr also scored, his 15th of the season and the 696th of his NHL career. He’s looking to become just the seventh player in history to reach the 700-goal mark.
- Eric Gelinas had the primary assist on Clowe’s goal and now leads the team with 4g-8-12pts on the power play.
- Adam Henrique also assisted on the goal and now has 6g-5a-11pts over the last 12 games.
- Andy Greene assisted on Jagr’s goal, his second in the last three games.
- Anton Volchenkov returned to the lineup after missing Thursday’s game due to illness.
- Tomorrow: TBA
- Next Game: Tuesday vs. St. Louis Blues at Prudential Center (7:00 PM ET, MSG Plus, Sports Radio 66 AM & 101.9 FM WFAN).
This entry was posted in Game Day
, Post Game
. Bookmark the permalink