New Jersey Devils (12-13-6) at Columbus Blue Jackets (12-15-3)
7:00 PM ET • Nationwide Arena • MSG Plus, News Radio 880 WCBS
- The Devils overcame a 2-0 deficit in their 4-3 OT win at New York on Saturday to snap their three-game losing streak and improve to 3-0-0 vs. the Rangers this season. The club is now 4-1 in overtimes this season, including 3-1 on the road.
- Tonight’s contest is the second of a three-game, Metropolitan Division road trip. It will be the Devils’ 19th game away from Prudential Center, which is the most among Eastern Conference clubs and second overall behind Anaheim (20). New Jersey is 7-8-3 on the road this season, including 6-2-1 in its last eight.
- The Devils are 6-4-1 vs. the Metropolitan Division this season.
- New Jersey was 2/3 on the penalty-kill Saturday at the New York Rangers, and is 26/29 over the past nine games (89.7%). The Devils own the league’s best penalty-killing record at home (39/42, 92.9%) and are third overall (89/103. 86.4%).
- Martin Brodeur (21 saves) extended his own NHL record with his 68th OT win and recorded his 43rd career assist on Saturday. He improved to 8-7-2 on the season and snapped a personal four-game losing streak.
- Eric Gelinas scored the game-winning power play goal 1:15 into the extra session on Saturday. It was the first game-winner/OT goal of his NHL career.
- Gelinas leads the Devils with 3g-6a-9pts on the power play this season. He now has 3g-9a-12pts overall, which is second among rookie defensemen behind Boston’s Torey Krug (8g-9a-17pts).
- Cam Janssen scored his third goal of 2013-14 on Saturday. Janssen had three goals in 312 NHL games entering this season.
- Travis Zajac, who was playing in his 500th career NHL contest, netted his fifth goal of the season on Saturday at New York.
- Michael Ryder’s scored his eighth of the year on Saturday and now has goals in three of the last four games.
- Tim Sestito recorded a pair of assists Saturday for his first career multiple-point game. He had just three assists/points in his previous 73 NHL games.
- Patrik Elias picked the primary assist on Gelinas’ winner and now has points in three straight games (1g-2a-3pts) for the third time this season. He also had points in three straight November 23-27 (2g-2a-4pts) & October 24-29 (1g-2a-3pts).
- Jaromir Jagr had two assists Saturday and now has 692g-1020a-1712pts in his NHL career. He trails his former teammate Mario Lemieux by just 11pts for seventh-place on the league’s all-time scoring list.
- Jaromir Jagr scored the 692nd goal of his NHL career on November 29 at Carolina to tie Steve Yzerman for eighth place in NHL history. He’s now just two goals behind Mark Messier (694) for seventh place all-time.
Devils vs. Blue Jackets
- Tonight’s game between the Devils and the Blue Jackets marks the second of four meetings between the teams this season, and the second/final game played at Nationwide Arena. Columbus won, 4-1, in the first meeting on Oct. 22. Michael Ryder scored the Devils’ lone goal (PP), while James Wisniewski had 1g-2a-3pts to lead the Blue Jackets. Cory Schneider (20 saves + ENG) took the loss in goal for New Jersey, while Sergei Bobrovsky (24 saves) earned the win for Columbus
- New Jersey leads the all-time series vs. the Blue Jackets 8-3-2, including a 4-3-1 mark in the previous 8 games played in Columbus.
- Marek Zidlicky leads the Devils in career scoring vs. the Blue Jackets with 7g-28a-35pts in 42 games. Marian Gaborik has 9g-12a-21pts in 27 career games vs. the Devils to lead the Jackets.
- Schneider is now 6-2-1 with 1 ShO, 2.05 goals-against average and a .931 save-percentage in nine career games vs. Columbus. Martin Brodeur is 7-2-2 with 2 ShO, a 2.05 GAA and .916 save % all-time vs. the Blue Jackets, including a 13-save shutout the last time he played in Nationwide Arena on March 20, 2011.
- Bobrovsky is now 2-2-1 with a 3.74 GAA and .882 save % in five games vs. New Jersey, while Curtis McElhinney is 1-0-0 with a 0.79 GAA and .882 save % in two appearances vs. the Devils.
- Steve Bernier needs two assists to reach 100 in his NHL career.
- Steve Bernier needs five games to reach 500 in his NHL career.
- Mark Fayne needs nine games to reach 200 in his NHL career.
- Jaromir Jagr needs eight goals to reach 700 in his NHL career.
- Anton Volchenkov needs 11 games to reach 200 with New Jersey.
- Marek Zidlicky (upper body, 1 game missed) is day-to-day.
- Ryan Carter (leg, 4 games missed) was placed on Injured Reserve December 4, retroactive to November 30.
- Stephen Gionta (ankle, 8 games missed) was placed on Injured Reserve November 27, retroactive to November 23.
- Adam Larsson (lower body, 8 games missed) was placed on Injured Reserve December 1, retroactive to November 23.
- Bryce Salvador (non-displaced stress fracture in foot, 22 games missed) was placed on Injured Reserve October 28, retroactive to October 22, and is out tonight. He has begun skating on his own.
- Ryane Clowe (25 games missed) was placed on Injured Reserve on October 16, retroactive to October 13, and is out tonight. He has resumed practicing with the team.
- Total man-games lost to injury/illness: 109
- Dec. 4: Placed forward Ryan Carter on Injured Reserve, retroactive to November 30, and recalled forward Reid Boucher from Albany (AHL).
- Dec. 1: Placed defenseman Adam Larsson on Injured Reserve, retroactive to November 23, and recalled forward Tim Sestito from Albany.
- Nov. 29: Activated defenseman Anton Volchenkov from Injured Reserve.
- Nov. 27: Placed forward Stephen Gionta on Injured Reserve, retroactive to November 23. Recalled/assigned defenseman Seth Helgeson from/to Albany.
- Nov. 25: Recalled defenseman Jon Merrill from Albany under emergency conditions.
- Game Notes 12-10-13
- Notes Supplements 12-10-13
- Devils Clips 12-10-13
- NHL Stats 12-10-13
- NHL Morning Skate 12-10-13
- 2013-14 Devils Media Guide
- 2013-14 Columbus Blue Jackets Media Guide
Tonight’s game between the Devils and the Blue Jackets marks the second of four meetings between the teams this season, and the second/final game played at Nationwide Arena. Columbus won, 4-1, in the first meeting on Oct. 22. Michael Ryder scored the Devils’ lone goal (PP), while James Wisniewski had 1g-2a-3pts to lead the Blue Jackets. Cory Schneider (20 saves + ENG) took the loss in goal for New Jersey, while Sergei Bobrovsky (24 saves) earned the win for Columbus