Ottawa Senators 2 at New Jersey Devils 0
- New Jersey’s season-high winless streak was extended to nine games (0-5-4).
- The Devils were winless (0-1-2) in the season’s series vs. the Senators for the first time in team history.
- The Devils were shutout for the second time in five games/this season.
- New Jersey fell to 3-15-6 on the year when allowing the first goal. The Devils are 12-1-4 when scoring the first goal this season.
- Tonight’s game was the fifth of six straight against Northeast Division opponents. The Devils are 1-6-6 against the Northeast this season.
- The Devils out shot the Senators, 33-11, and have now out shot their opponent in 20 of the past 22 games.
- Ottawa’s 11 shots on goal were the fewest the Devils have allowed in a game this season (previously 14, at Ottawa March 25).
- The Senators’ 2 shots in the third period were also a season-low for an opponent (previously 3, accomplished five times, last time 3/25, 3rd period at Ottawa).
- Martin Brodeur (9 saves) took the loss in goal. He has started 11 consecutive games and is 2-5-4 since returning to the lineup on March 21 at Carolina.
- Patrik Elias led the Devils with five shots on goal.
- Johan Hedberg (soreness) and Bryce Salvador (wrist) each missed their second game of the season.
Head Coach Peter DeBoer Audio
- Tomorrow: 12:00 noon practice at AmeriHealth Pavilion.
- Next Game: Monday: vs. Toronto Maple Leafs at Air Canada Centre (7:00 PM, MSG Plus, AM 970 The Answer).
This entry was posted in Audio
, Post Game
. Bookmark the permalink