Ottawa Senators (20-14-6) at New Jersey Devils (15-15-10)
7:00 PM • Prudential Center • MSG Plus, AM 970 The Answer
- New Jersey will have a 10:30 morning skate at Prudential Center. Cameras looking to film the skate should be ready for 10:15.
- New Jersey is looking to end a season-high eight-game (0-4-4) winless streak.
- Thursday night vs. Boston, New Jersey fell to 3-14-6 on the year when allowing the first goal. The Devils are 12-1-4 when scoring the first goal this season.
- The Devils out shot the Bruins, 28-18, and have now out shot their opponent in 19 of the past 21 games.
- Tonight’s game is the fifth of six straight against Northeast Division opponents. The Devils are 1-5-6 against the Northeast this season.
- Thursday vs. Boston, New Jersey allowed two shorthanded goals in a game for the first time since December 19, 2006 at Atlanta (both scored by Marian Hossa) & 17th time in team history. Both came in the first, the seventh time in club history they’ve allowed two SHG in one period, and the first time since January 15, 1994 vs. Los Angeles (Wayne Gretzky & Pat Conacher). -credit Elias Sports Bureau
- The Devils are 0-0-2 vs. the Senators this season, with both losses coming in the shoot out. New Jersey is 2-1 in the shootout at home this season, but is just 2-7 overall.
- Martin Brodeur (13 saves) took the loss in goal Thursday night. He has started ten consecutive games and is 2-4-4 with a 2.36 goals-against average & .888 save-percentage since returning to the lineup on March 21 at Carolina.
- Brodeur stopped Johnny Boychuk’s penalty-shot attempt in the first period. It was the first he’s faced this season and has now saved 7/10 in his career.
- Keith Kinkaid, who was an emergency re-call from Albany (AHL) Thursday morning, served as back-up for the fifth time this season that night.
- Patrik Elias scored his 11th goal of the season Thursday, his first since March 23 vs. Florida (7 games).
- Also Thursday, Travis Zajac scored his third career shorthanded goal and first since January 14, 2011 at Tampa Bay.
- It was New Jersey’s league-leading 11th shorthanded goal of the season; no other team has more than 6. The Devils led the NHL with 15 SHG last season.
- Andy Greene scored his fourth goal of the year vs. Boston, tying Marek Zidlicky for the team-lead among defenseman.
- Matt D’Agostini scored his second goal of the season on Thursday, his first with New Jersey.
- Steve Sullivan picked up the lone assist on Elias’ goal Thursday and now has points in back-to-back games (1g-1a). It was his first point as a Devil in New Jersey since February 13, 1997 vs. Hartford (1g-1a).
- Steve Bernier picked up the secondary assist on Greene’s goal Thursday and he now has points in back-to-back games (2a).
- Dainius Zubrus assisted on D’Agostini’s goal and also has points in back-to-back games (2a).
- Bryce Salvador (wrist) left in the second period vs. Boston and did not return. He was re-examined yesterday and x-rays were negative.
- Apr. 10: Re-called G Keith Kinkaid from Albany under emergency re-call (AHL).
- Apr. 5: Re-called C Jacob Josefson from Albany.
- Apr. 3: Acquired forward Steve Sullivan from Phoenix in exchange for New Jersey’s seventh-round choice in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft.
- Apr. 1: RW Dainius Zubrus was activated from Injured Reserve.
- Mar. 31: LW Tim Sestito was assigned to Albany.
- Mar. 30: Defenseman Henrik Tallinder was activated from Injured Reserve and LW Harri Pesonen was assigned to Albany (AHL).
- Mar. 29: LW Alexei Ponikarovsky was activated from Injured Reserve.
- Mar. 24: RW Ilya Kovalchuk (shoulder) was placed on Injured Reserve. Also placed LW Alexei Ponikarovsky (lower body) on Injured Reserve, retroactive to March 19, and re-called LW Harri Pesonen from Albany (AHL).
- Mar. 22: Acquired forward Matt D’Agostini and a conditional seventh-round selection in the 2015 NHL Entry Draft from St. Louis in exchange for New Jersey’s conditional fifth-round choice in the 2015 draft. LW Harri Pesonen was assigned to Albany (AHL).
- Mar. 19: Goaltender Martin Brodeur was activated from Injured Reserve. Goaltender Jeff Frazee was assigned to Albany and LW Tim Sestito was re-called.
- Goaltender Johan Hedberg (soreness, 1 gm missed) is day-to-day.
- RW Ilya Kovalchuk (shoulder, 8 gms missed) was placed on Injured Reserve Mar. 24 and is out 2-4 weeks.
Total Man-Games Lost to Injury/Illness: 68