Winnipeg Jets 4 at New Jersey Devils 2
- New Jersey lost at home vs. Winnipeg/Atlanta for the first time since October 16, 2009. The Devils also lost consecutive games in regulation for the first time since March 17-19, 2012.
- Despite the loss, the Devils have won 7 of their last 12 (7-4-1) games overall and are 16-5-4 in their last 25 regular season contests dating back to 2011-12.
- The Devils closed-out their fourth of 10 sets of back-to-back games. The team is now 2-2-0 in first games and 2-2-0 in second games when playing on consecutive dates.
- Martin Brodeur did not play today (a little soreness) and will be re-evaluated tomorrow.
- Johan Hedberg (23 saves) made consecutive starts for the first time since November 12-15, 2011 (2 games).
- Travis Zajac snapped a four-game pointless streak with his fourth goal of the season.
- Patrik Elias posted 1a and now has 3g-12a-15pts in his last 11 games. His 5g-17a-22pts on the year leads the team. His 17 assists are tied (Evgeni Malkin) for fourth in the NHL.
- David Clarkson assisted on Zajac’s tally and also ended a stretch of four games without a point.
- Steve Bernier scored his fifth goal of the season. He had one in 32 games with the Devils in 2011-12.
- Andrei Loktionov extended his scoring streak to a career-high three games (1g-2a) with an assist on Bernier’s goal.
- Alexei Ponikarovsky also assisted on the goal, and now has points in back-to-back games (2a) for the first time this season.
- Monday: Off
- Tuesday: 10:00 AM meeting; practice at AmeriHealth Pavilion to follow.
- Next Game: Thursday at Winnipeg (8:00 PM, MSG Plus, WFAN).
This entry was posted in Audio
, Post Game
. Bookmark the permalink